Thankful Thursday-All the Little Things

10/20/2011 06:43:00 AM Posted by mommy2twincesses

With yesterday being the girls’ first day of preschool and having a whole day to myself, some strange things occurred.
I checked several things off my to-do list. I grocery shopped and managed to not only get out of the store with everything on my list, but also had the courage to use my coupons. I had lunch with a girlfriend complete with adult conversation and laughs. But most importantly, I completed several entire thoughts.
A couple of these thoughts were just how thankful I am for all the little things in life that we more often than not take for granted.
A warm cozy bed, the sound of little girl giggles, food in our mouths, friendships, and the freedom to do as we please.
When I went to pick my girls up I was bombarded with enthusiastic hugs and exclamations of excitement from them to see me too.
A little time alone gave me a chance to appreciate all the little things that either go unnoticed or (I’m ashamed to admit this but feel that I must) just plain annoy me from time to time.
There may be a cold chill on the wind today, but there is warmth in my heart for all the little things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment