Super Supper-Muffin Tin Meatloaf

3/01/2012 08:13:00 AM Posted by mommy2twincesses

I wasn't sure that MY meatloaf could get any better, but I proved myself wrong last night!

Though DH and I both are pretty fond of the recipe above (check out the link), my 3 year old identical twins weren't crazy about it. I mean, they would eat it, but it wasn't something that they would just get exctied about.

While milling around on Pinterest I ran across "meatloaf cupcakes". I had seen fellow mommy bloggers post their "muffin tin" recipes but honestly thought it was just kind of a waste of time......IDK, I just didn't think my kids would eat something JUST because it was shaped like a cupcake. But, I thought "what the heck, I'll give it a shot".

I used my own recipe, let the girls "help", dished it out into my cupcake pan, popped it into the oven, and crossed my fingers.

Much to my amazement the girls just couldn't wait for the "cupcakes" to get done! They even requested that I turn on the oven light so they could "check on them".

When they were done I served mashed potatoes on top just like it showed in the Pinterest picture and do you know what?!

My stinkers gobbled them up and announced that tonight's supper was "a party"! I'm still in shock! The simple novelty of dinner being in the shape of cupcakes made a huge impact on their opinion of the meal. Ridiculous! But amazing.

There were a couple of "cupcakes" left over and K asked for one for breakfast this morning! LOL, true story!

I can't wait to see what other "muffin tin" meals I can find.......and don't worry, I'll share ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment