And the Mystery Incidents Begin

9/15/2011 05:52:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses

I’ve always heard about mysterious things occurring in homes and no one willing to step up and claim responsibility. Until today I so foolishly thought that we were somehow going to skirt around this problem. After all, I’m teaching my girls that “honesty is the best policy”.
LOL! Yeah right! It seems that they’ve learned the value of a good fib. *head slap*At only 2 ½ years?!
Well, I suppose to be fair I should still hold the hubs in question, but surely even with his “being male” and all other “disabilities” of the brain, he couldn’t be this dense.
So what was today’s disaster? Read on for the full effect.
I get up, get going, and hit the floor running full force thinking that if I finish everything soon enough I wouldn’t feel guilty for goofing off the rest of the day just enjoying life. I pick up the girls’ hamper and dump all of the contents into the washer, as is my routine.
When the washer goes off I of course go in and begin to unload it into the dryer. With the first handful I pull out I feel something falling around me, but between my hubby’s candy wrappers and random papers the girls may have hidden in their things I didn’t think much of it. So out came the second handful.
This time, a huge blob of something lands on my bare foot and lots of little somethings fall around me.
I’m standing there like a deer in the headlights and M&K are at the door looking in on the action. One of them asks me, “Is that ice mommy?”
No. This is definitely NOT ice. It takes a few beats for my brain to catch on to what’s going on. It’s the contents of a disposable diaper. *head slap* You’ve GOT to be kidding me!
I pull out the clothes piece by piece and shake all of the clear clumps I can into the floor. It looked like someone spilled a giant snow cone-with no flavoring.
I had NO clue what to do! This stuff felt like it would melt if I put in the dryer so I ran them through the wash one more time.
After the second wash they were significantly better and I had no better ideas, so I threw them in the dryer with a wish and a prayer.
Thankfully, after emptying the lint catcher thing a couple of times all was well. The goo didn’t melt, it was somehow sucked to the lint trap. Woo hoo! I’ve never been more thankful for that little contraption.
All is well with the exception of “who done it”!

0 comments:

Post a Comment