Reclaiming my Body-90 Day Challenge Starts Tomorrow

1/19/2012 06:57:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses

You probably know that I’ve been doing a “fitness challenge” of sorts for a month or so now, and I just posted about how I was stepping up my game with the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge.
I officially start tomorrow as the package full of goodies came to my door step late this afternoon!
When I realized what it was I of course tore into the package like a kid on Christmas morning. I took out the shake mix, opened it up, and took a deep breath of that heavenly “cake mix” smell and smiled smugly to myself about how “torturous” it would be to drink “cake mix” shakes for the next 90 days ;) I couldn’t help myself, I made one right then-just a snack size one though.
I’m seriously stoked beyond explanation! I have full faith that this will be “the one true fit” for me and my body. I feel it in my veins! (And hopefully will soon see it in my waist……..and thighs………….and butt…………and arms! LOL)
There are several reasons why I’m so ready to do this full on! Like, leave the half-hearted efforts in the dust, put my game face on and get ‘er done!
First and foremost is that I realize that though God gives us many blessings, few are as irreplaceable as our bodies. The scripture calls our bodies “holy temples” of the living God. It is my belief that we should praise him with everything he gives us, especially, and of course, including our bodies! He lives within me. Do I want him living in junk?! Heck no!
And then there’s the fact that I recently got my first piece of “you’re not getting any younger” mail. Yup, I’m headed toward the big 3-0 and unfortunately my health insurance provider saw fit to remind me NOW that my rates will increase as my “age bracket” moves up this summer. I will officially no longer be a “20 something”………..it’s time to get serious about reclaiming my body………..I’ve got to do it before it falls apart! LMBO
Then of course, there’s also the issue of my girls and how they will grow up viewing body image. I don’t want them to think “dieting” is normal, nor is being “overweight and/or unhealthy”. Through this transformation (as the kit is so aptly called) I want to instill in all of us a better understanding of how to properly fuel our bodies and just take care of ourselves in general.
And last, but certainly not least, comes my pride. We own a boat and DH’s dad has a place at the lake that we spend tons of time at during the summer months. With my kids being almost 3 years old, I flat don’t have an excuse to be a little extra fluffy anymore! I want to be able to wear a bathing suit and not wish myself invisible the entire time.
It’s here. Now is the time. My mind is made up. I will not fail. I will succeed in reclaiming my body!
Bottoms up! (on my shakes that is ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment