Confessions of a Mommy Blogger-Piling it On

1/15/2012 05:26:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses

I can tell that this “confession” thing is going to be pretty easy for me to keep up! LOL, I ALWAYS have something to confess ;)
Despite the vast majority of days ending with a game of “That’s not my Name” I have made a couple of moves to pile a little more responsibility on my plate.
Before I go on, I have to confess what “That’s not my Name” is. *hangs head*
When a day has been entirely too long or flat too tiring, I find myself responding to calls of, “Mommy!” with a chorus from the “Ting Tings”, “that’s not my name!” The first couple of times I pulled this stunt they literally froze and stared at me like I had just sprouted a third eye. And then eventually shouted, “Yes it is Mommy!”
They’ve gotten much better at our little game. Almost 3 year olds are more clever than most people give them credit for. Now when I whip out, “that’s not my name”, they are quick to quip, “well, Nic Nic (in a very sarcastic tone) we want blah, blah, blah.”
Despite the craziness, I’m actually really excited about my new ventures. See, I’ve found that for me to be a truly happy mommy I have to feel like I’m part of something bigger. Something just for me, something I enjoy, and that gets me away to a private “all big girl” land for at least a little while.
Bunco is great, but is only one night a month and really doesn’t take any preparations. Christmas Cantata is PERFECT, once weekly, requires work at home, but unfortunately only lasts a couple of months.
Yesterday after briefly flipping through my “All You” magazine and ripping out the coupons I wanted I spied a small write up about a stay at home mom who “mystery shops”. That’s always sounded so intriguing to me, almost “too good to be true”. She quoted the site she signed up at as freelancebyu.com. She saw it on the Today show, signed up, and is actually getting jobs! If she can do it, so can I. I just have my fingers crossed that even Po-Dunk southern towns need mystery shoppers :/ Oh well if not, I can at least say I tried. And, the best part is that it gives me a reason to check my email! LMBO, I’m HORRIBLE about checking my email…….
And then, this afternoon I attended a meeting at church about revamping our next to nonexistent Sunday School program! There were 8 of us there and we’re going to give “rotations” a go, so that no one person bears all of the responsibility or misses all the services. This is something I’ve dreamed about for as long as I’ve been classified an “adult”. It’s weekly, it takes planning and preparation (both of which I feign for), and best of all, it’s sharing God’s word! I’m. Super. Stoked!
With things to look forward to this twin mommy can endure almost anything! Bring it on world! I feel important again…………for now :o)

2 comments:

  1. Angie Vinez said...

    I've got a couple of great leads on mystery shops, and I live in the middle of nowhere. If you want to know which company I use, let me know!

  2. mommy2twincesses said...

    Oh please share with me!!! Thanks in advacne :o)

Post a Comment