Confessions of a Mommy Blogger-Clearing the Air

1/13/2012 06:53:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses

I’ve been having a hard time fulfilling the commitments I’ve imposed on myself as a mommy blogger.
There just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day nor discipline in my body.
That’s where this idea stems from. I’m a journaling kind of girl and finally realized that, “Hey, this is my blog! I can journal/vent/confess here if I want to”. So, that’s just what I plan to do.  I’m not perfect, in fact on most any given day I would bet my left big toe that I’m borderline insane. And I’m sure that for anyone who regularly partakes in the mommy blogger madness, it will be a breath of fresh air to get some reality checks.
I mean, yes, we do crafts and I home make this and that, and we go here and there, and our lives are pretty swell, but to leave out all the “behind the scenes action” just no longer seems fair.
So here I go, clearing the air!
This stay at home mom stuff is freakin’ hard! For me, it’s more mentally so than anything. The majority of my conversations are with preschoolers therefore I’m going to assume that is the reason my brain normally struggles to function at bare minimum on a preschool level.
Just a couple of days ago I spent from the time we got up (5:45am-ish) until noon (when we finally busted camp and left the house) being “baby cat”. My almost 3 year old twin girls were my “mommy cats” and we spoke this entire time in “meows”. It started out pretty entertaining and suddenly went to seriously alarming that we were having full blown conversations, and clearly understanding each other, with just body language and meows. I really wish I were making this up :/
Then, on days like today, I’m so exhausted by the time supper is on the table that I literally go hide out in my bathroom. My excuse is always “number 2”, and while I usually do save it up until then, I constantly look for new inventive ways to milk it for every second I can. I can’t believe my husband hasn’t forced me to go to the doctor to find out why it takes so long for such a normal bodily function to occur :oP  Truth is I sit there, all alone, in (almost) perfect silence, listening to the “fart sniffer” muffle out distant cries of “Mommy, where are you?! You don’t need your privacy!” I open the second drawer of a little corner shelf and grab the magazine on top and browse through as much as I can manage.
This magazine browsing is actually a pretty useful way to pass the time as I actually pull out articles that I want to file away for later use in a folder I’ve created for this purpose.
Don’t judge me. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do ;)
This actually feels nice-to just clear the air, let it all hang out, and to flat tell it like it is. I could get used to this (and hopefully will).

2 comments:

  1. Angie Vinez said...

    It will get easier, I promise. While I have never had twins, I have had 2 babies that were less than 14 months apart {and a 6 year old at the same time. For the first 2 years of the boys' lives, I thought they were going to have to commit me to a psych ward. Then, baby #4 was born, {2 weeks after baby #3's 2nd birthday}, and I didn't have time to even breathe anymore. LOL! Now, here I am on number 6, and things are stressful, but wonderful. Yes, I spend far too much time talking on a preschool level, but that's where my blog comes in. For an hour every night, I get to talk about anything I want to talk about. :)

    Make sure you foster your relationship with your husband and with your girl friends. At the end of a long week, it's nice to have someone you can talk to - and not have to talk about baby poop, fevers, snot, or any of the other wonderful things moms deal with all day long.

  2. mommy2twincesses said...

    Angie, you make me smile :o) Thank you!

Post a Comment