9/16/2012 10:30:00 AM Posted by mommy2twincesses
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere but instead of sipping Mai Tais in my lounge chair I’m running around like a crazy person trying to figure out what I’m going to feed my starving brood for supper. Not. Cool.
I have confidence you’ve been there. We all have. I just seem to find myself there more than I would like-at least once a week here lately!
Well, I’m clueless as to what I did in moments like these before Pinterest, but now, I simply pull up my “Main Munchies” board try something new. So far, I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the results!
When you find yourself pressed for time, nothing beats a one dish meal-that’s why I’m sharing what I call “One Dish Italian Chicken, Green Bean, and Potato Supper”!
Ingredients you’ll need:
· 4-6 raw chicken breasts (if you don’t have any raw, quickly defrost them in the microwave-no biggie!)
· 1-2 cans of your favorite green beans (I had whole ones, so that’s what I used)
· Whatever raw potatoes you have handy (I had russets)-sliced, cubed, whatever suits your fancy
· ½ stick of butter (the original called for a whole stick, but we’re always “dieting” and though an entire stick of butter makes me salivate, it also riddles me with extra guilt and Lord knows I don’t need any extra of that)
· 1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix
Arrange the chicken, green beans, and potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish, top with the butter and dressing mix, cover with foil, and bake at 350 for about an hour. Wah-lah! Dinner is done! How easy was that?! IKR?!
Here’s what mine looked like before it went in the oven.
I’d show you how it looked done, but we were all hovering around the oven like rabid wolves and it was gone before an “after” picture even crossed my mind. Yes, it was THAT kind of evening ;)
Enjoy and then share it with your busy friends!