New Year-New Me?

12/31/2011 08:00:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses

Here it is New Year's Eve and I can't stop wondering where in the heck 2011 went. The old saying goes, "time flies when you're having fun", so I must be having more fun than I even realize.

Though I'm not usually a fan of the whole New Year's resolution hoop-la, mainly because I have enough time sticking to something for a week much less an entire year so why bother. However, I've decided that perhaps it's time to give a shot. I just had to figure out a way to keep myself acountable-check out my handy little paper chain that not only made a perfectly simple toddler paper craft, but also serves as a visual reminder of what I hope to accomplish.



My list isn't purely resolutions, some is more what I'd call wishes, but nevertheless, this is what I hope 2012 will bring me:

1. Slow down, spend more quality time. (This goes for everyone and everything I enjoy doing. So many times I find myself too preoccupied to really enjoy individual moments. Whether I'm busy taking pictures or just running through my to-do list in my head, I want to learn to slow down and truly savor my time.)

2. Become more involved at church. (This one seems easy enough especially since we're currently discussing revamping the Sunday School program to rotate teachers and I've signed up for that!)

3. Go on a Disney Cruise. (See, I told you some were more wishes :oP I actually did clue DH in on this one tonight and he definitely didn't seem against the idea so *shrugs* we'll see!)

4. Fit comfortably in a size 8 no matter the brand or size. (Sure, I could set myself up a number goal or promise myself to go to the gym X amount of times per week, but that would be setting myself up for failure. An 8 is what a FEW of my jeans are currently but I'm pretty sure they're just "made big". I want to be healthy. I'm a mom of twins. I *think* I have finally faced the music that I'm not getting my teenage body back no matter what I do so I just need to learn to love myself regardless.

5. Get on the road to publishing. (This one is a bit tricky too since I basically know squat about the professional writing world. What I do know is that writing has been something I've enjoyed as far back as I can recall and I've finally realized that no matter what life throws at me, no matter how old or busy I get, I still have a passion for writing. I'm pretty sure it's one of the things I was put here to do.)

6. Get my home, life, and "school" organized. (This totes quite a heavy note too :/ But no matter what, I am and will continue to take steps to get things in true order.)

7. Learn more about photography. (I like learning. I like taking pictures. I figure it just makes sense to study a bit to find out how to maximize my skill.)

There you have it. That's it. These are my grand plans for 2012! Hopefully by this time next year there will be nothing left of my paper chain :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment