Another Swing at a Fitness Challenge

12/05/2011 08:14:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses

I would apologize before hand for the failure that I have become so known for at this kind of thing, but I'm not. This time, I'm on the FOR REAL! I will not only lose the extra poundage, but this time I WILL keep it off!

Morgalina, over on the WTE site, has issued a brand new Fitness Challenge open to anyone who would like to participate. She is posting suggested workout routines and all sorts of helpful hints.

I have blogged about journeys like this before on Twins! A Mother's Joy and Insanity Doubled, and though I do great while actively engaged in the challenge, I tend to fall off the band wagon shortly after. It's terribly disheartening :o(

I just can't seem to get it through my thick head that I no longer have the metabolism or something I had before having the girls. Before pregnancy I was that girl who could eat whatever she wanted and didn't seem to gain weight.

Now, I've always been athletically built, so I've never been a bean pole by any stretch of the imagination, but I was always had a really nice figure-bikini worthy.

My trouble seems to lie in the "stick with it" part, so I've decided that fad diets and extreme measures of any kind are not for me. I need something I can stick with forever and ever amen.

That's where this new little list comes in. I've started compiling a list of small alterations to make into daily habits that I HOPE will solve my problem once and for all.

For starters, this is my plan (I will probably add new things as time rocks on and all of these things are second nature):
1. have a glass of water before eating-every single time
2. No calorie or real sugar drinks-stick to water, splenda tea, diet sodas (no more than 1 per day), and Crystal Light
3. Have milk only for breakfast (I do this 90% of the time any way. I'm just not normally hungry in the mornings anymore.)
4. Exercise REGULARLY (this I'm having to force at the moment and not doing so great at it :/)
5. Only have bread ONCE per day. (I'm a total breadaholic! I could make an entire meal off of bread-SOOO bad for my thighs!)
6. Nothing but water after 6:30pm. (I had gotten in the habit of eating something sweet after the girls went to bed. That can NOT be helping things!)

So, there you have it. I'm committed. I'm starting right now (which kind of actually stinks since we're about to go on a little Christmas mini-vacation and one of my mottos USED to be "calories don't count on vacation, the weekends, or celebrations).

If you're interested in joining just fall right in! The more the merrier :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment