A Moment of Praise

12/13/2012 07:35:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses



Here I am, typing through tears of pure humble joy! What a God we serve!

In the hustle and bustle that is the “season” I’ve found myself lost in all the wrong things, not intentionally of course, but it happens.

Then, in all his mysterious glory, my Savior hugs my heart and opens its eyes long enough to feel joy insurmountable! 

Nothing out of the ordinary happened tonight, but praise his name, I saw my “normal” through his eyes.

As I was tucking my daughters into bed I felt tiny warm kisses from perfectly beautiful, extremely healthy, huge hearted children who love the Lord! 

I heard “You’re the best mommy in the WHOLE world!” as little arms encircled my neck and gave it a gentle squeeze.

I felt the comforts of a safe warm home in a quiet quaint neighborhood, saw our Christmas tree twinkling above a few gifts for treasured family members, and was completely overcome at that moment with gratitude and joy completely unspeakable!

Here I am, so undeserving, so blind, and yet, so incredibly blessed.

Words are inadequate to describe what’s going on in my heart at this very moment, so I’ll simply pass on a prayer that you too may be “blinded by the light” this season. That you’ll take a moment to look around, open your heart, and stop-be still-and truly absorb the many blessings around you!

“Joy to the world! The Lord has come!” and even with all our inadequacies, he loves us still! Halleluiah! 

As you’re counting your blessings feel free to comment below how He has moved you recently!

0 comments:

Post a Comment