Happy Mommy Journey-The Beginning

11/15/2011 02:16:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses

Wow. I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted :/ Where have I been?!

Well, I've been quite busy between Halloween, changing out our holiday home decor to reflect the Thanksgiving season, nursing my sick babies back to health (they both had an ear infection and then one also got a UTI), hosting a Pampered Chef party, and just dealing with day to day life in general.

Lame excuses. I know. But, I left out a big occupier of my time the past few days. I'm reading a new book, "The Happiness Project". I'm completely and thoroughly enthralled.

To say that I'm reading a book titled such may make it sound as if I'm not already a happy mommy, but that's not so. I'm very happy, but I'm a believer in "there's always room for improvement".

I'm kind of shocked at myself for even giving this book a shot since I'm pretty anti self-help type books, but something about it caught my eye and reeled me in. Now I'm done; hook, line, and sinker.

I haven't made it all the way through yet and I'm taking notes as I go so be prepared to hear plenty more about this as I'm determined to host a "happiness project" of my own. I may not be as dedicated as author Gretchen Rubin was to hers, but I'm sure going to try. Just so much of what she is saying in this books sounds as if I could've very written it myself or perhaps as if she has my brain on wire tap.

With so many things going on and life racing by the way it notoriously does, I think a "Happiness Project" is just what I need!

0 comments:

Post a Comment