Most Meaningful Valentine Gift-Heart Attacks!

2/04/2013 10:25:00 AM Posted by mommy2twincesses



Not only is “heart attacking” super meaningful ; it’s also free of charge, sugar, fat, and calories! Sound too good to be true? It’s not, I promise! You’ll want to start “heart attacking” someone special today!

I browse Pinterest all the time (follow me here) and am constantly finding ideas that I LOVE! Heart attacking totally came from Pinterest, I’ve just put my own spin on it as usual :o)

“Heart attacking” is simply telling a loved one something different you love about them every day (or most days) of February! See, I told you it was easy and free! It’s HOW you go about telling them that lets you personalize it.

This year I decided to “heart attack” my children, husband, and mother!

 My girls can’t read well yet (cut ‘em some slack, they’re only 4) so no matter what I wanted to do, I’d have to read it to them. Since theirs’ would have to be verbal anyway, I’m simply writing a “love note” a day on the dry erase board in the breakfast nook and read it to them during breakfast. I LOVE watching them light up as I confess my favorite things about them <3

My husband is attached to his cell phone 24-7 (partly for work and partly because he’s a phone addict :oP) so texting him his “heart attacks” just makes sense. He’s not impressed by time spent on “silly things” like paper hearts, so I chose to cut right to the chase and simply text him my daily dotes. I like the fact that these little reminders are actually in his pocket all day, every day, and if he has a less than stellar moment he can whip out his phone and read some encouragement from me.

My mom is getting a FULL BLOWN heart attack! I used my Cricut machine to cut out paper hearts and hand wrote things that we love about her on each one. She lives in the same town as us, so we’re sneaking over while she’s at work and sticking a new heart on her door each day. I haven’t witnessed her finding them, but I have no doubt it brings a HUGE smile to her face!

Everyone loves to know they’re loved and sometimes it’s hard to verbalize all the things we enjoy about someone. Over the 28 days of February my closest loved ones will truly see what they mean to me!

And if you like this idea, it’s not too late! You can start “heart attacking” someone today, or even just the week of Valentine’s Day. Don’t wait around-you never know how much time you have to love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment