Color Run 2012-This Fit Mom had a BLAST

10/14/2012 06:44:00 PM Posted by mommy2twincesses



Saturday morning, bright and early, my girlfriend and I headed out for our first Color Run! We were overflowing with crazy excited anticipation as we had no clue what to expect! But following the rules, we were donned in white tees, running pants, brightly colored knee high socks, we rainbow painted our nails, and of course, we rocked the white “Color Runner” sweat band.

As we came within blocks of the starting line, we were overwhelmed by the herds of white clad Color Runners all heading the same direction we were. Most were dressed like us, but plenty were looking fly in crazy get ups like clown wigs, tutus, capes, and even whole body leotards! LMBO, yes, apparently ANYTHING goes ;)

Over the blaring upbeat music, you could feel the excitement in the air as we all waited for our turn to begin the run. Runners were released in waves to keep congestion to a minimum, and we were in wave 32!
When it was finally our turn, we took off with high hopes of finding the first color station quickly! We did! It was yellow! 

Then came orange……..

And lastly, blue…………..

When we realized we were already back at the finish line, we were a little sad-wishing it had taken a little longer! But the after party was banging, so we didn’t stay sad long ;)

We had a blast and are looking forward to doing it again next year-just hopefully with a bigger crew!
When my kiddos saw me covered in color from head to toe M cried and wouldn’t come to me and K just wouldn’t let me kiss her because she “didn’t want rainbow on her face”. 

I’m sure that when they get a little older they would LOVE to participate in the Color Run and it would make me super happy to have such a healthy family hobby!

If the Color Run comes to your area, I highly recommend giving it a go! I’m sure you won’t be sorry! In fact, I'm certain you'll be jumping for joy too :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment